As is often the case, familiarity with anything causes us to over look it. I have found such is the case with scripture. The Lord recently directed me to, what I have come to consider, a life changing and challenging revelation found in a passage of scripture that I have read many times, but never grasps its impact upon my life. The Scripture is Hebrews 11:3, which states:
"By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible."
The text reveals that there are certain truths, specifically those that relate to how God has created things to work, that cannot be understood by any other means than "faith!" Faith is not only that which believe in, but is an empowerment to go beyond eyesight, and on to insight! As long as we confine what is real or possible to that which we can see, we will never understand the magnitude and multitude of blessing that is awaiting us.
Faith's insight allows you to be proactive, before a situation manifest, instead of reactive, which results from depending on eyesight. Insight empowers you to see the invisible before a thing manifests, while "eyesight" only can perceive what has manifested - after the fact. The spirit is the original substance and moves much quicker than the natural realm. That which ultimately manifests in the natural realm, is old news in the spirit. This is why "insight" involves revelation instead of information. Information can only communicate facts that are discernible to the senses, while revelations provide access to realities that supersede our senses.
I wanted to share with you what God showed me as it relates to how faith works, and why it is necessary for us to understand "by faith". There is so much that God wants to do in our lives that we are not capable of doing, nor have the means to do ourselves - but God does! Because God gave man dominion, He must use the free will of a human being to manifest His will in the earth (Genesis 1:26,28). Therefore, God must find someone to work with Him, who understand how He works. God works by faith! He has given every man the initial measure of faith to enable him to respond to HIs Word (Romans 12:3). However, our understanding of faith must grow beyond this so that we also recognize that it is a provision from heaven to equip us in partnering with God in manifesting His heavenly Kingdom in the earth (Mt.6:10; 16:19 Amplified). God showed me that:
- By His Word God created everything necessary for us to have life in abundance on earth before the foundations of the world (Ephesians 2:10, Amplified).
- These things (resources) are held in store for us in heavenly places until we are born again, and become legal heirs of all that God has promised and provided us.
- Because we are unaware of this provision, the Holy Spirit shows us the things that God has freely given us, that our eyes have not seen nor ears heard (1Cor. 2:9-12). God always provides, then reveals!
- Once revealed to us by the Holy Spirit, God make these things available to us thorough HIs Word. God intends for His spiritual provision to be manifested in the natural..
- Our faith to receive, is produced by that which is revealed by the Word of God (Romans 10:17). We must esteem and properly perceive the Word as being the thing itself, and receive it by faith.
- In the Kingdom of God, hearing is seeing. We must learn to see the things sent, in the words we hear God say.By faith we take legal possession of that which was heard (seen) in the Word, and do what is necessary in the natural to facilitate its manifestation (Hebrews 11:1, Amplified, James 2:17).
- That which we do not have the natural ability to do, God partners with us in doing, so that His Word is manifested in the lives of His people and the earth; thereby causing His will to be done on earth, as it is in heaven (Mt. 6:10).
Dr. J.C. Matthews